Today, I am adding the U.S. Flag Code to Flags Bay, making it available to our readers. The Flag Code tab will appear at the top of the page first, then as the day progresses, each section of the Code will be added.
The Flag Code is divided into ten sections:
- Section 1. Flag; Stripes and stars on
- Part 1—Design of the Flag
- Part 2—Regulations Governing Executive Agencies
- Part 3—General Provisions
- Section 2. Same; additional stars
- Section 3. Use of flag for advertising purposes; mutilation of flag
- Section 4. Pledge of allegiance to the flag; manner of delivery
- Section 5. Display and use of flag by civilians; codification of the rules and customs; definition
- Section 6. Time and occasions for display
- Section 7. Position and manner of display
- Section 8. Respect for flag
- Section 9. Conduct during hoisting, lowering or passing of flag
- Section 10. Modification of rules and customs by President
Each page of the Code will contain the complete text from that section of the U.S. Flag Code. This will be a good research tool for those who need Flag Code information.